Creating Real Estate Videos | Creating video for properties | Camera equipment
Welcome to Part 1 of our Training Articles for Creating Videos in Real Estate. I want to share with you what I learned over the past 5 years in real estate acting as a Realtor and Managing Broker. In 2012, video should become part of every Realtors marketing presentation for each property they list with a client. Over the past 2-3 years alone the cost of creating quality video has dropped. At the same time, producing a quality video for your audience is easier than you think.
First, we have to talk equipment and what you should be using, because there are a ton of options here. One of the Video Camera’s of choice among the real estate community has been the Kodak Playtouch, and it’s predecessor, the Kodak Zi8 (which you can still purchase on Amazon). Both cameras offer everything every Realtor can use and appreciate.
- Affordability: The Kodak Playtouch costs anywhere from $75 to $199 depending on which retailer you purchase it from.
- HD Video Capability: The Kodak Playtouch produces 1080p HD video. This is good and all you need for you and your properties.
- Size: The camera is small and somewhat thin. It can easily be stored in your bag and/or pocket even.
- Easy To Use: This camera is simply just plain easy for anybody to figure out, it’s simply Point & Shoot.
- Overall Value: Price, quality, size, and overall performance make this an ideal camera of choice for today’s Realtor.
Creating Real Estate Videos | Creating video for properties | Camera equipmentIPAD/IPHONE VIDEO The video quality of both your IPhone and/or IPad is surprisingly good, and with the property lense and mounting kit you can easily use these devices for your creating your videos. I love this site I’m going to recommend for you because most of their products are great. I have had agents in our office use the IPad and IPhone lense and mounting kit’s and it’s incredible the quality of video they can produce. Go to www.hdhatstore.com
Creating Real Estate Videos | Creating video for properties | Camera equipmentTRIPODS No matter how good your video camera is if your shooting video and the camera is shaking your video quality will suffer. A tripod is necessary to keep you shooting stable video without the shaking. Also, how will you shoot video of yourself if no one else is around? For years I have used a tripod from a company called Sunpak, the Sunpak – Platinum Plus 6000 61” Tripod, I purchased it at Best Buy for $65.00. When it’s on sale you can get it for as cheap as $51.00. When your shopping for tripods you should be concerned with the following features…
- Compact: The the unit expand and compact easily. Is it easily portable? Most modern tripods today are.
- Maximum Height: You need a tripod that can reach a height of at least 51 – 54 inches. This is important in order to property capture video so that you are not having to point the camera upwards towards you. That would be a bad camera effect.