- We see more people on it with personal accounts (kids, grandparents, people without computers even).
- We see more Fan Pages created by businesses.
- We see more people LIKE more fan pages.
What Strategy Works on Facebook?My strategy is Simple and here it is: Purposeful, Engaging, and Creative Interaction is the Strategy.
- Purposeful: Treat the Facebook as your Informal Database (you do have a database right?). Using a Personal Profile on Facebook and not a Fan Page to interact with your connections. You engage with your connections in creative ways which remind them that you are in the real estate business, your having a good time with it, and your successful. My general rule is the 60/40. 60% of your posts are Non-Real Estate Related and the remaining 40% are Real Estate Related.
- Engagement: How you engage on Facebook is crucial because this is what keeps your posts pulling up on your friends Facebook Feeds. This means interacting on your friends posts, saying happy birthday, changing over your profile and cover images, and maintaining a good mix of Personal vs. Real Estate postings.
- Being Creative means your postings must be more than just sharing your current listings for sale. Remember, Facebook is not Craigslist or a Classified Ad! Creativity on Facebook will involve using your smartphone to capture moments that will make funny and interesting posts. It also means using video in some of your posts because everyone today loves to click the play button on Facebook.