UPDATE: This article is old, it was one of the first ones I wrote when after my first couple of years of producing property videos for my own listings and agent’s listings.
We are working on an updated on series of articles, books, and courses to make videos like these. Stay tuned for more info.
A creative property video for your listings can be a powerful tool in your marketing toolbox. A good property video not only showcases your listings, but show’s off YOU the Realtor and introduces you to prospective buyers in the market. You will need some equipment and software to make the property video, and the below contains what you will need.
- Video Camera (Panasonic GH5, Sony A Series, Canon DSLR’s)
- Tripod (Benro and Manfrotto)
- Video Editing Software (Final Cut X and iMovie for Mac, Adobe Premier and Camtasia for PC, Luma Fusion and for iPad
When you’re creating a property video there are many different approaches you can take. In this training series we will keep it simple by creating a introduction and an end to the video. The middle section of the video will be the actual property photos. We are using the beginning to introduce the viewers to the REALTOR and the PROPERTY. Then we finish off the video with a short message from the Realtor at the end.
It took about 10 to 15 minutes to shoot this video at the property, and 25 minutes to edit and produce the final video in iMovie (video editing software). The final product is then distributed to your social media and real estate marketing websites, such as, your Realtor Blog, Facebook, Linkedin, twitter, Pinterest, Zillow, Trulia, & Craigslist, etc……
The marketing value in showing off the property and yourself is the whole point of spending the time and effort to create this valuable marketing piece. You want to stand out from the rest of the competition in your market in ALL of your marketing efforts, and a custom property video is just one way to do it.
There are a couple of more points to mention when it comes to creating a property video:
- Don’t worry about being perfect: You can be a little unscripted and rough in your presentation. Shooting video doesn’t come natural to everyone right away, but the more video you shoot, the better at it you will become. Most of the video you see me in take me about 2-3 takes.
- Make sure you have a Short Message: The potential buyers who will be watching your video have a limited time span and won’t wait to hear you try to get to the point. Be Short, Concise, and To The Point with your message.
- Consider showcasing the neighborhood, schools, and/or parks in the video: For example, if the property is located in the best school district in your area, mention it! Take a picture of one of the schools to include in your video, or, shoot your introduction in front of it!
- Be CREATIVE: All good marketing has some creativity to it. You have the creativity inside of you, now you need to bring it out when you create a Property Video. Show the video to colleagues and friends for feedback and suggestions. This should be a fun process.
- Remember the point of having a Property Videos: To showcase YOU and the PROPERTY.
How To Make A Property Video | Realtor Property Videos
If you have questions about making Property Videos or anything else that is Realtor Marketing contact George Cuevas.
Thanks and I hope this training article helps you and your marketing efforts for creating more leads.
This is our full course on how to create a professional property video.