Realtor Marketing Tech 101 | Getting Back to the Basics
What is your marketing plan for getting leads online? Do you have a plan?
Well before you start building websites and squeeze pages or paying for Facebook pay per click ads you have to have your basic online marketing activities in check. Think of this article as your guide for the “Back to the Basics” in online marketing. When practicing real estate it’s easy to get side-tracked from your lead generation activities. Consistent Lead Generation is the single most important activity that any successful Realtor must successfully deploy. Without it, all of your knowledge and experience as a Realtor will not help any buyers/sellers if you have none to work with.
Realtor Marketing Tech 101 | Online Professional Profiles for Realtors
Step 1: You must create and fully utilize Free social media and professional profiles online. These profiles are all FREE to use and will only cost you the time required to set them up. Obviously your time is money, but once created you’ll only need to keep these profiles updated.
Why are your online profiles so important?
Most buyers & sellers begin to search for homes, information, property valuations, and Realtors ONLINE. This is more than a simple trend, it’s REALTY in today’s online world of real estate. Today’s buyers and sellers are more informed and have no problem going online to gather the information they need. As a Realtor, we must make our information completely available everywhere possible online. We need to make it easy for a prospective buyer/seller to seek us out. Furthermore, when a prospective clients does find us online we need to provide them with every bit of information allowable by that online profile.
This is the easiest step and one that a lot of Realtors do not completely fulfill. Every online profile you create should have all of your information, pictures, websites links, reviews, video links, etc… Every field that is possible to fill out should be filled out. It’s that easy, there is no “technical know-how” required here. Below is a list of your Basic online profile which should be completely filled out.
- Realtor.com: Complete your profile and link your listings to your profile.
- Trulia.com: Complete your profile and link your listings to your profile. Make sure to begin getting reviews from clients to post. Engage in discussions via the Trulia blog and make contributions.
- Zillow.com: Complete your profile and link your listings to your profile. Make sure to begin getting reviews from clients to post. Engage in discussions via the Zillow blog and make contributions.
- Yelp.com: Complete your profile and get reviews.
- Google Places (if you have a physical working address): Complete profile and get reviews.
- Facebook – Personal Page: Make sure to have your work info (phone, email, website) in your personal profile.
- Facebook Fan Page: Make sure it’s linked to your Personal Facebook Page, with all of your contact info.
- Linkedin: Complete your profile and begin extending your network. You should engage 10 minutes per week increasing your connections via Linked In. If you blog or write articles make sure to post them to your Linkedin Profile.
- YouTube: Once you have some profile videos of yourself available and property videos you will need to create your Youtube page.
- Google Plus: Complete your profile and extend your circles/groups.
- Pinterest is quickly becoming a social media site that users are gravitating towards in huge numbers. There is a way to use this as another vehicle for online lead generation.
- Twitter: OPTIONAL, if you have completed filling out FULLY the above mentioned profiles and are already utilizing Video and Effective Facebook Posts then you can twitter!!!
Use this list for your own checklist in creating your online profiles. Remember that creating your online profiles alone will not bring in a steady stream of buyer/seller leads, but it is the first step to building your online presence and creating an online lead generation marketing plan.
If you have more questions about setting up your online accounts please check out our other blog posts or contact me directly.